March 17, 2011

what a day.

Today has been one of those days where I was obliged to draw extra strength from many things around me.


1.  Someone I love & trust very much repeated inspiring things to me that I told him once.


2.  I listened to this song:



3.  I read this passage:

     16 Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; & my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen & heard.  17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great & marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth:  O wretched man that I am!  Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.  18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations & the sins which do so easily beset me....[description of how the Lord has blessed Nephi] 26 O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his great condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep & my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, & my flesh waste away, & my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?  27 & why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh?  Yea, why should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace & afflict my soul?  Why am I angry because of mine enemy?  28 Awake, my soul!  No longer droop in sin.  Rejoice, O my heart, & give place no more for the enemy of my soul.

-from 2nd Nephi 4


4.  I prayed.


It was a good recipe for peace.  I'd recommend it.  
I think I went a little heavy on the ampersands, though.  I don't recommend that.


I'm so grateful for the testimony I gained today of hope  &  and diligence.  And for divine help.  



No comments: